Robert Franks Scholarship
The Robert Franks Scholarship is established to provide financial assistance to those who have an interest in community development and have been accepted into an institution of learning to pursue additional coursework or testing.
What’s the value of this opportunity?
This scholarship awards up to $1000, to no more than 10 individuals.
Who is eligible?
Anyone accepted or enrolled in any type of institution of learning for coursework or testing.
What criteria should be met to apply?
- You must contribute a minimum of 10-20 hours to a designated development project (i.e. mentoring, research, community surveys, speaking engagement, light construction etc.)
- You must show proof of acceptance or enrollment in an institution of learning to pursue additional coursework or testing.
- You must show documentation of cost of coursework and/or testing.
- You have not received an award from the Robert Franks Scholarship Fund during the past 12 months.
When is the application deadline?
Applications are due (not postmarked) to the Hill House Association by May 15 and November 15 of each year.
Are there any costs?
None, application is free.
Who provides this opportunity?
The Robert Franks Scholarship Fund, overseen by the Hill House Association.
How can I learn more?
For more information, call Tanisha Morris at (412) 697-4682.
Where do I get the forms to apply?
Download Application here (PDF) or pick up forms at the Hill House Association,
1835 Centre Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Good to know...
- Award distribution based on funds available and documentation of coursework/testing cost.
- A written essay and one letter of recommendation is required as part of the application