What is it?
A nutrion program that provides daily meals to homebound older adults who are unable to prepare meals for themselves due to physical or medical reasons.
Who can participate?
Individuals 60 years of age and older who are physically or emotionally unable to prepare a meal and unable to leave home without assistance.
What services are provided?
- Meals are delivered to the home by a friendly driver.
- Hot/cold meal meeting one-third of daily nutritional requirements.
- Regular or modified diets
- Nutritional information
What does it cost?
Donation of $2.25 per meal is requested.
What’s the schedule?
Meals delivered Monday through Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
What’s needed to get started?
Individuals need to register for the program and a prescription is needed from physician if requesting a modified-diet meal.
Where do I go?
Hill House Seniors Services Center
2038 Bedford Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Who provides the service?
Good to know…
- Individuals must be home at the time of delivery. Meals will not be left on the porch, hanging on door, etc. If you are unable to be home due to medical appointment, arrangements can be made to leave meal with a neighbor.
- You must call the Senior Services in advance to cancel a meal.
How can I get in touch?
Call the Senior Services Center at (412) 392-4450.