The newly renovated Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium is a state-of-the-art performance space within Hill House’s Kaufmann Center. This historic auditorium, built in 1928 and completely renovated in 2010, is the ideal setting for musical, cultural, and arts performances as well as movie screenings, speaking engagements, and other presentations.
- Jazz and musical performances
- Small-scale theater productions
- Speaking Engagements
- Large-scale presentations with audio/video needs
- Movie and Film screenings
- Corporate Meetings
How many people can this venue accommodate?
- Capacity of approximately 350 people theater style including balcony
- Capacity of approximately 150 people theater style without balcony
- Capacity of 120 people using round and rectangular tables without balcony
Next to the Hill House Center, 1825 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
MINI EVENT: Ideal for Luncheons, Club Events
- 1 hour Set Up Time
- 3 hours event time
- Up to 60 people, Available Saturday and Sunday for events ending by 4:00 PM
BUSINESS EVENT: Ideal for Workshops, Training Sessions and Small Conferences
- 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Includes Tables & Chairs set up, Internet Access, Projector, Screen, Podium, Mic,
- Up to 60 people, Available Monday thru Friday
Hourly rates for conference rooms for meetings of one hour or more are available upon request
STANDARD EVENT: Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium, Ideal for Presentations and Fundraisers
- 2 hour Set Up Time
- 4 hours event time
- Up to 150 people seated theater style, Up to 120 people w/tables
- Monday thru Thursday:
- Friday thru Sunday:
Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium w/ Balcony
- Up to 350 people seated theater style
- Up to 120 people w/tables
- Monday through Thursday:
Friday through Sunday:
*Courtyard, conference rooms & additional VIP reception area available for an additional fee
GRAND EVENT: Kaufmann Center, Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium w/ Balcony, Additional VIP reception area, Courtyard & Conference rooms
Ideal for Large Weddings, Events & Performances, Major Fundraisers
- 3 hour Set Up Time
- 5 hours event time
- Full use of facility including AV equipment, Set up and tear down of tables & Chairs
- Friday thru Sunday:
*$50 each additional hour for meeting and classrooms, $100 each additional hour for the Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium. Additional set up time is $100 per hour.
* Individual hourly rates are available for conference rooms, classrooms and other spaces.
Discounts: Non-profits & HHA employees receive a %20 discount on room rental rate. Hill district residents receive a 30% room rate discount only Monday thru Thursday.
How can I learn more about rates and availability?
For more information call 412-392-3149 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know…
The Kaufmann Center is wheelchair accessible. There are 2 designated parking spaces for handicapped parking in the lot behind Hill House and the Kaufmann Center. Patrons in wheelchairs can use the ramp that leads from the lot to the Kaufmann Center.
Catering is available for all rentals and a warming kitchen is available for an additional fee for those who would like to bring food to the facility.