First Source Center
Mission: The First Source Center, located in Pittsburgh’s historic Hill District, has at the heart of its mission the desire to provide comprehensive workforce development services to citizens that lead to meaningful employment and positively impact the economic health of the community.
- Civil Service Testing Preparation: HHA Civil Service Testing Preparation and Employment Placement. To increase the number of minority applicants for public safety/emergency personnel employment positions with the City of Pittsburgh Personnel and Civil Service Commission.
- Six Week Training Course
- Civil Service Testing Preparation
- Case Management Resources
- Employment Placement for Public Safety and Civil Service Job Opportunities
- Case Management Triage: Provide individualized case management services for youth and adults. To assist with community linkages that will aid in obtaining and maintaining employment. 90 Days of employment placement case management services.
- GED Preparation and Testing Site: To encourage youth and young adults to participate in GED preparatory classes that will assist them with passing the GED exam.
- Soft Skills Training: Interview and Application Preparation, Resume Writing and Job Search Training.
- Earn/Reset: Program aimed at helping individuals presently receiving assistance from the Department of Public Welfare to secure and maintain gainful employment.
- The RESET/EARN Program (“Program”) focuses on six core areas of employment and employability:
- Career Goal Setting; Preparing To Work; Preparation of Applications, Resumes, References and Cover Letters; Interviewing & Follow-Up; Basic Life Skills; Essential Workplace Skills
- Non-custodial parent employment program: Training young people 17-24 to be better parents by helping them with preparation for the job market and providing life skills training. Court referrals
We would like to thank Mr. Rick Cobbs; Rivers Casino Human Resource Recruiter, for spending the morning at the Hill House First Source Center, providing an opportunity to our participants to learn new techniques to enhance their interviewing skills.
Location & Contact
1908 Wylie Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone- (412) 281-8484
Fax- (412) 281-8488